=Friday, June 27, 2008

Here... We... Go...

Greetings and welcome to Trunk of F.U.N.K. (Freshly Unearthed Nuggets and CooKers) radio. After years of collecting funk and soul records, I’ve decided that there is no reason to keep what I’ve found to myself. Instead, I’ve decided it’s time to bring the music to the masses. The running theme here is to introduce the listener to records they’ve never heard before, rekindle an interest in records that have fallen by the wayside over the years, or simply as an excuse to listen to some seriously deep grooves. The plan (tentatively…) is to post a new show every week while also filling in the mid-week with any tracks that I’ve been particularly into lately. To get things started I’ve posted the first volume of Trunk of F.U.N.K. radio, Ain’t It Funky Now!. Hopefully this set will be just the pick-me-up needed to get your weekend started right.


Tracklist – Title-Artist-Label

1. Hook and Sling pt. 1&2 - Eddie Bo - Scram
2. Ain’t It Funky Now pt. 1&2 - Grant Green - Blue Note
3. Go For Yourself - Soul Tornadoes - Magic City
4. Every Now and Then - Mr. D & the Highlights - JAS Records
5. Amen, Brother - The Winstons - Metromedia
6. My Thing is a Moving Thing - T.S.U. Tornadoes - Volt
7. The Houston Hook - Imaginary Visions - Deep Funk
8. Do the Frog - Bo Diddley - Checker
9. A.A.B.B. - Put the Pieces Together One by One - I-Dentify
10. They Won’t Let Me - The Unemployed - Cotillion
11. Cold Bear - The Gaturs - ATCO


Trunk of Funk vol. 001 – Ain’t It Funky Now!

P.S. For more detailed information on some of these tracks (e.g. A.A.B.B.-Pick up the pieces one by one) I recommend heading over to Funky 16 Corners where serious knowledge is dropped on the regular.

Stay tuned!

-Greg

No comments: