=Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An Hour of 45 RPM Power - The Fufu Stew Guest Mix

I don't know what's happening here, but posts are disappearing like crazy (maybe it's time for me to make a move somewhere else...), so here's a re-post of Vincent the Soul Chef's Fufu Stew guest mix for Trunk of F.U.N.K., An Hour of 45 RPM Power.


Hello, kiddies.
I'm pleased to be able to share this exclusive set of 45s,
handpicked from my collection with you, the faithful readers of
Trunk Of F.U.N.K. This set represents just a small sample of tunes,
some common and some rare, that I have acquired over the past
four years. Some of these tunes I am playing for the first time...
There are way too may people to thank for providing me
with the education and inspiration to continue digging through
piles and piles of dusty record bins which allows me to keep the
decks spinning. Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for an hour of
45 rpm power, chock full of all things funky...

An Hour of 45 RPM Power - Fufu Stew Guest Mix

The tracklist
Song-Artist (Label)
01 Kool And The Gang-Melting Pot (Ampex)
02 Charge-The Mod Squad (Tangerine)
03 Black Frost-Grover Washington Jr. (Kudu)
04 Doing My Thing-Ray Bryant (Cadet)
05 Who You Been Socking It To-The Isley Brothers (T Neck)
06 I Can't Stop Loving My Baby-Linda Jones (Loma)
07 Somebody's Watching You-Little Sister (Stone Flower)
08 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-Kool & The Gang (De-Lite)
09 Misdemeanor-Foster Sylvers (Pride)
10 I Been Hoodood-Dr. John (Atco)
11 The Funky Bird-Rufus Thomas (Stax)
12 Got To Have Your Loving-King Floyd (Chimneyville)
13 Got What You Need-The Fantastic Johnny C (Phil LA Of Soul)
14 (If You're Going To Do It) Do It Good-The Formula IV (Rocky
Road)
15 Hey Gyp-The Soul Survivors (Crimson)
16 I Want To Dance Dance Dance-Freedie / Henchie & The Soul
Setters (Reprise)
17 Rose Marie-The Dynamic Tints (Twinight)
18 Boogaloo Tramp-A.C. Reed (Nike)
19 You Funked It Up-Gradual Taylor (Queensgate)
20 Let's Go Skinny Dipping-Hank Ballard (Stang)
21 The Cook Out-King Curtis & The Kingpins (Atco)
If you like what you heard, then by all means, drop on by and visit
Fufu Stew for more of the same and then some. Thanks and mad
props to DJ GA for the invite, and know that you have an open
invitation to bring the Trunk Of F.U.N.K. heat to the Fufu Stew
kitchen... Have fun(k) and as always, be safe.
Peace and blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks please check out my soul and funk radio show
http://funkinstew.blogspot.com/