=Friday, July 11, 2008

Hittin' to the Streets

Welcome to the next episode of the Trunk of F.U.N.K. radio show. I should start by mentioning that my original intentions of putting up a mix a week were proving to be much more demanding than I had imagined. So, in the interest of preserving sanity, from here on out expect a new mix every other Friday, with a single covered at the beginning of each week.

On to the mix... I had originally put the first half of this set together for a party I played in Chicago back in March. It's one of those mixes that I've always enjoyed, so I figured it would be a great addition to this show. To keep things fresh for anyone who may have caught this set the first time around, the second half includes a few more recent acquisitions. Similar to volume 001, all of the tracks here are from 45s, however, unlike volume oo1, I've stuck to 45s found "in the field" this time around. I was planning on 'Hittin' to the Streets' to do some digging this weekend, but with the forecast of sweltering heat and rain, that probably won't happen. For all you listeners that are 'Hittin' to the Streets' this weekend, I suggest rolling down the windows, turning up the volume, and keeping cool with this batch of grooves.


Tracklist -- Title - Artist - Label

1. Detroit – Paul Humphrey and his Cool Aid Chemists – Lizard
2. Hicky Burr pt. 1 – Bill Cosby – Uni
3. Hum and Dance Along – Temptations – Gordy
4. Gettin’ it on ’75 – Dennis Coffey – Sussex
5. Chaser – Kutiman – Afro-Kats
6. Funk Pump – Counts – Aware
7. Funky Rubber Band – Popcorn Wylie – Soul
8. Afro-Strut – Nite-Liters – RCA Victor
9. The Wootie-T-Woo – The People’s Choice - Phil L.A. of Soul
10. Get Down – War - UA

Trunk of F.U.N.K. vol. 002 - Hittin' to the Streets

No comments: